The general objective of FieldFOOD project is:
- to analyze and identify the bottlenecks that cause such limited application of PEF technology in food industries
- to provide SME companies (food producers, pulse power producers, equipment manufactures) with a clear competitive edge, as well as opportunities for growing, diversification and job creation
- to respond to consumer demand for foods with fresh characteristics or novel foods that contribute to individual health and wellbeing.
This broad objective will be achieved by:
- a systematic process analysis of different specific applications (fruit juice processing, tomato product processing, winemaking, olive oil extraction and cider-making) for a successful integration of the PEF technology in order to replace or complement existing traditional food processing technologies
- the design of modular, portable, low-cost pulse generators.